Located in deep gravel soils on the Left Bank of the Gironde in the commune of Saint-Julien, lies the “beautiful stones” of Château Ducru-Beaucaillou. Named after the large stones that cover the vineyard and aid in the drainage and temperature control of the vines, Ducru-Beaucaillou is one of only 15 estates included as Second Growths in the 1855 Classification. Ducru is one of the oldest estates in the Medoc, with its history dating back to the 13th century. The estate is planted to 70% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot, and has been certified organic since 2018. These wines are full of finesse and elegance with excellent purity of fruit and structure to age for decades. They also produce another wine from their property called La Croix de Beaucaillou from vines located further inland and not used in the grand vin.